Friday, April 15, 2011

Endings bring beginnings

Life had been kind of stressful lately. The semester is almost up and so will end the original purpose of this blog. I'm not deleting it, nor am I going to stop posting. Rather, the blog will have a new sort of purpose. I suppose I need some creative outlet for my life still. I might post poetry or sketches, maybe some previews of my artwork, because I plan on spending a good portion of this summer painting and such.

John and I have also been spending a lot of time talking lately, about us, about ourselves, about whether or not we're able to reach our full potential without first taking the time to figure out who we are as individuals. It's been a long and ongoing conversation. We both still need to do a lot of introspection before we reach a conclusion about any of it.

During these conversations though, he gave me an idea, and it's one that has lodged itself into my brain. It would combine my love for traveling with my desire to code and design web sites and such for a living. Either as an individual (or even a student organization) we could raise money to go over to developing countries and help plan, build and implement online solutions for businesses just starting out. It's still a young idea and it will require a lot of research and development, but it's something I think could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment